Our Terms and Conditions
SECTION A) DECLARATION
AS A RESPONSIBLE MUSIC SCHOOL we have clear Terms and Conditions so that all those who choose to use The Artistic School of Music are fully aware of how the Artistic School of Music operates. Our Terms and Conditions apply to everyone who uses The Artistic School of Music and is non-negotiable.
SECTION B) PAYMENT OF LESSONS
1. WE ONLY DO MONTHLY PAYMENTS AND PAYMENT IS DUE ON THE 1ST OF EVERY MONTH, your monthly invoice payment reserves your lesson time and day for the month prevents others from booking your lesson time and day for the month and gives you priority over others to re-book your lesson time and day again for the next month.
2. WE REQUIRE PAYMENT FOR ALL THE WEEKS IN THE MONTH EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT DOING LESSONS FOR EVERY WEEK IN THE MONTH, as your monthly payment reserves your lesson day and time for the month so others can’t book it.
3. In December (before the Christmas Holidays), in July (before the Summer Holidays) and before The Easter holidays (which can be in March or April, depending on the year) you will be invoiced for the weeks in the month The Artistic School of Music is opened for before the school closes for these holidays. We require full payment for all the weeks in the month The Artistic School of Music is opened for before the school closes for the Christmas Holidays, the Summer Holidays and the Easter Holidays for the same reason explained in Section A point 2 above.
SECTION C) INVOICE UNPAID BY DUE DATE
1. AT 12 MIDNIGHT ON THE 4TH OF THE MONTH YOUR LESSON TIME AND DAY WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OTHERS TO BOOK IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID YOUR INVOICE. WE WILL NOT INFORM YOU, IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR LESSON TIME AND DAY SLOT. WE DO OUR BEST TO PREVENT THIS SITUATION BY SENDING YOU 2 TEXT REMINDERS, reminding you to make payment. The first text reminder will be sent to you on the day we email your invoice to you and the second text reminder will be sent to you if we see no payment from you.
SECTION D) COMING TO LESSONS WITHOUT PAYING YOUR INVOICE
1. WE WILL ONLY DO LESSONS WHEN FULL PAYMENT OF YOUR INVOICE IS MADE, if you come to your lesson with your invoice unpaid, we will only do your lesson once you make full payment of your invoice and we get confirmation from our bank that your payment has been received.
SECTION E) CANCELLATION OF LESSON/ MISSED LESSON/ TEACHER UNABLE TO ATTEND LESSON
1. WE DO NOT REFUND MISSED OR CANCELLED LESSONS, we only reschedule lessons in the same calendar month they are missed or cancelled and only reschedule lessons if the school schedule for the month has free spaces to be able to reschedule the lessons, if not, we do not reschedule missed or cancelled lessons.
2. IN THE EVENT YOU ARE UNABLE TO TRAVEL TO YOUR LESSON THE OPTION OF AN ONLINE LESSON IS AVAILABLE to you on the same day and at the same lesson time only.
3. IF YOUR TEACHER IS NOT ABLE TO ATTEND THE LESSON AND A COVER TEACHER IS PROVIDED, we do not refund the cost of your lesson if you choose not to attend the lesson. The Cover teacher will be one of the teachers already working at the school with the same skill sets of the teacher unable to attend the lesson. The cover teacher will have access to all student notes from the teacher unable to attend the lesson and will know exactly what is required to be taught.
SECTION F) PERMANENT CHANGE OF LESSONS POLICY
1. If you request a permanent lesson time, day or both lesson time and day to be changed, we will do our best to accommodate your request if there are spaces available; if there are no spaces available, we will not be able to change your lesson time, day or both lesson time and day.
2. If we are able to change your lesson time, day or both lesson time and day, once you accept your new lesson time, day or both lesson time and day; your previous lesson time, day or both lesson time and day will no longer be available as these lesson times and days will be offered instantly to other students who have made a similar request and to students who are waiting to join the school.
SECTION G) ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY – CODE OF CONDUCT
WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY towards anyone who verbally abuses, harasses, uses bad language, threatens, or carries out any acts of violence or inappropriate behaviour towards any of our staff. In the event, this occurs we will ask the individual/individuals concerned to leave our premises immediately and they will no longer be allowed to enter our premises or use the Artistic School of Music.
SECTION H) PARENT / LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENT FORM
1. ANY STUDENT BELOW THE AGE OF 18 IS CLASSED AS A MINOR. IF YOU ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO ENTER OUR PREMISES AND WALK UNACCOMPANIED BY YOU TO THEIR LESSON, THEN YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND LIABILITY. We ask that all minors be escorted to their music lesson by a parent or legal guardian and handed over to the teacher.
LOW THE AGE OF 18 TO SIGN A CONSENT FORM TO BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE MUSIC LESSON ON THEIR OWN, ONCE IT IS FINISHED. The consent from can be found on our website (the website’s main menu is labelled Consent Form) which you can fill, sign and submit online or alternatively, you can ask your teacher for a consent form which you can fill, sign and hand back to your teacher. Please note these forms can only be completed and signed by the
a parent or legal guardian of the student.
SECTION I) ACADEMIC YEAR
1. Our term dates for the academic year 06/09/2023 – 24/07/2024 are:
TERM 1) 06/09/2023 – 21/12/2023
TERM 2) 08/01/2024 – 28/03/2024
TERM 3) 15/04/2024 – 24/07/2024
We do not have half-term holidays
SECTION J) SUMMER HOLIDAY LESSONS
1. AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS ( END OF TERM 3), WE OFFER SUMMERTIME LESSONS TILL THE START OF THE NEW ACADEMIC YEAR FOR STUDENTS WHO WANT TO CONTINUE THEIR LESSONS, THIS ALSO DEPENDS ON THE AVAILABILITY OF TEACHERS AS THEY ALSO GO ON SUMMER VACATION.
IF YOU WISH TO DO LESSONS DURING THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS, PLEASE INFORM YOUR TEACHER THAT YOU WISH TO DO SUMMER LESSONS, AND THEY WILL INFORM YOU OF THEIR AVAILABILITY AND TOGETHER YOU CAN BOOK LESSONS FOR THE SUMMER HOLIDAY WITH YOUR TEACHER.
THERE IS ALSO AN OPTION TO DO LESSONS WITH OTHER TEACHERS AT THE TIME YOUR TEACHER IS UNAVAILABLE. IF YOU WISH TO DO THIS PLEASE LET YOUR TEACHER KNOW AND THEY CAN INFORM THE OFFICE WHO WILL THEN CONTACT YOU WITH THE OPTIONS AVAILABLE.